Refreshingly crunchy Romaine lettuce leaves, sweet tangy blood oranges, and fennel bulb with its unique mildly licorice-like flavour are topped with honey roasted macadamia nuts and crispy bacon bits, then dressed with black cumin oil and lemon juice.
- Peel and cut blood oranges into rounds or wedges. Set aside.
- Strip the fronds from the stalks and finely slice the fennel bulb lengthways. Reserve the fronds for the garnish.
- In a heavy large non-stick skillet, cook the bacon over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes, or until crisp and golden brown. Transfer the bacon to a plate lined with paper towels and cool slightly.
- Separate the romaine salad leaves and arrange them in a serving platter. Scatter the fennel slices and top with blood orange, bacon bits and macadamia nuts.
- Drizzle over the black cumin oil and lemon juice, then season. Garnish with the reserved fronds and serve.