Just a quick post to help beat the summer (spring?) heat. A good blender is a great investment, especially when you can churn out tasty drinks like this that aren’t cheap at your local coffee place (and are really mostly ice anyway). Add whatever you want to this base recipe to customize it to your liking.
Makes 2 servings
– 4 tsp instant coffee
– 4 tsp cocoa powder (I like Dutch process)
– 1 1/2 cups non dairy milk
– 1/3 to 1/2 cup sugar
– splash of vanilla extract
– 14 ice cubes (i.e. one tray)
– whipped topping (optional)
1. Place all ingredients except the whipped topping in the blender and blend on high until smooth.
2. Top with whipped topping, if desired. I like the “Better than Whipping Cream” from Homemade Vegan Pantry. That stuff is some serious vegan voodoo.