Besan or gram flour is one of the most common flour found in houses. It is one of the healthiest as it improves immunity in children and strengthen bones and due to high protein level it helps in growth of children.
My kids cherish it with a warm glass of milk in winters. You can serve this as dessert after food.
1 cup besan ( gram flour)
1/2 cup ghee (clarified butter)
1 cup warm milk
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 TSP cardamom powder
1. Heat ghee in pan. Add besan and roast till aromatic. This will take around 10- 15 minutes. You will see ghee leaving the sides.
2. As you see ghee leaving sides add warm milk.
3. Add sugar. Mix well.
4. Add cardamom powder.
5. Cook till sugar melts completely.
6. Roast nuts in ghee or dry roast. Add in halwa.
7. Serve hot.
1. Heat ghee.
2. Add besan.
3. Roast till aromatic.
4. Once it’s roasted you will see ghee leaving sides.
5. Add warm milk.
6. Mix well.
7. Add sugar.
8. Some cardamom powder.
9. Cook till sugar is completely melted.
10. Dry roast nuts or roast in ghee.
11. Garnish with nuts.
12. Serve hot!