A decadent show stopper dessert perfect for Mother’s day, Valentine’s or a spring garden party!
Initially I came up with this recipe out of guilt, as I always make the Italian Tiramisu Cheesecake for myself. But the BatMan is not fond of coffee at all. So I came up with a caffeine free, berry loaded version to keep everyone happy, including the kids. Alcohol free!
Basically I replaced the espresso in the recipe with a homemade blackberry and blueberry sauce to die for!
I dipped the lady fingers in the liquid from the berries, then folded the berries in half of the mascarpone cream cheese mixture. Magic I tell ya !
For the sake of simplicity you can choose to mix the berries with all the mascarpone mixture. I wanted to have different color layers and plenty of time on my hands so the artist in me wanted to express herself.
- 6 oz lady fingers
- 1/2 lb blueberries
- 1 lb blackberries
- 1 lb mascarpone cheese
- 4 egg yolks organic free range
- 5 tbsp granulated sugar
- 3/4 c heavy cream organic
- 4 tbsp honey + more to taste
- 2 lemons juices
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp water
- leaves Basil for garnish
- Lilac flowers for garnish optional
- In a small saucepan add the blackberries and blueberries together with the lemon juice, vanilla extract, honey and 2 tbsp of water. . Bring it to a simmer on low flame, cover with a lid and simmer together for a few minutes until the blueberries have popped. Allow to cool. Once cooled off strain the berry sauce separating the liquid from the solids.
- Meanwhile using a mixer with the whisk attachment whip together the heavy cream with 1 tbsp go granulated sugar. Transfer to the refrigerator and keep cold until ready to use.
for full recipes please see : ciaoflorentina.com