A delicious quick bread made with beetroot, walnuts, raisins and freshly milled red wheat sweetened with maple syrup. The pureed beetroot gives this loaf a unique flavor and makes it extremely moist. Make the most of beetroot season and bake this delicious beet walnut bread!
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Grease and line a 22cmx11cmx9cm loaf pan with baking paper and set aside.
- Warm the ghee in a medium size saucepan on very low heat. Add the maple syrup and milk chocolate and stir until the chocolate is melted.
- Remove from heat. Stir in the pureed beetroots, eggs and vanilla extract. Sift in cocoa powder, red wheat flour, ground walnuts and baking powder. Stir to combine.
- Fold in raisins and chopped walnuts. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan. Top with walnut halves and sprinkle the coconut sugar over.
- Bake for1 hour or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Leave to cool for 5 minutes in the tin, before turning out and cooling completely.