Do you want to know why these donuts holes are perfection? Because every bite has all the flavors of a delicious Red Velvet cake. With the red silk chocolate cake, the classic cream cheese icing, then finished off with the sweet ganache ending. It is a perfectly balanced bite.
I am sorry, well not really that sorry if you eat the whole batch in one morning or afternoon sitting. I made a batch thinking that I would have leftovers to take to a friend that night, well it didn’t happen. Between me, the kids, and a few friends stopping by, all 48 donut holes were gone. Well, I actually did set aside a few for my mom and dad as an early Valentine treat and they loved them!
These are so easy to make, don’t feel overwhelmed by the directions, the 30-40 minutes it takes to make these are well worth every second, especially if you are a bowl licker like me, you will be in heaven throughout the entire process.
Red Velvet Donut Holes
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 large egg
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon red food coloring
Cream Cheese Buttercream
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 4 ounce package chilled cream cheese
- 1 ½ teaspoons clear vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into ½ inch squares.
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, dark chocolate is my preferred type of chocolate chip
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- Red Velvet Donut Holes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
for full instruction please see : www.dashofsanity.com