Falafel gets a healthy makeover! These flavourful baked falafels are better than the real deal, because they are made with cauliflower, broccoli sprouts, white beans, almonds and einkorn flour! It makes a great lunch paired with salad greens, extra roasted cauliflowers, Feta and a refreshing yoghurt dressing.
|Cauliflower Falafel||Cumin Roasted Cauliflower||Salad & Yoghurt Dressing|
|| || |
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Brush the baking paper with half of the olive oil.
- Drain the white beans and place them in a processor together with cauliflower florets, garlic, broccoli seed sprouts and egg. Process all the ingredients until smooth. Add in ground almonds, einkorn flour, baking powder, chilli flakes, cumin powder, and salt. Process again until well combined.
- Using 2 tablespoons to form 10 falafels and place them on the prepared baking tray. Brush the falafels with the remaining olive oil. Bake in the middle of hot oven for 30 minutes until lightly golden brown.
- In a large bowl, toss the cauliflower, oil, and cumin to coat. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper and toss again to coat well. Arrange cauliflower in a single layer on a large, heavy baking tray and roast in 200C/400F hot oven for 30 mins, or until tender and golden brown.
- Mix yoghurt, minced garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, and broccoli seed sprouts together. Season with salt and white pepper powder.
- Place salad greens, sliced onions and cherry radishes on a serving platter. Crumble the feta over and top with cauliflower falafels. Serve with cumin cauliflowers and yoghurt dressing.