I love it when fresh blueberries are on sale and I can bake with them to my little hearts content. I also like to freeze a bunch to use through the winter too. Blueberries are one of my favorites~ did you realize how good they are for you? They are. Blueberries are packed with Vitamin C, Fiber, Manganese all of which help our hearts, our brains, our insulin response, and they’re cancer fighting too! All that wrapped up in each flavor-bursting-bite. Mmmm mmm.
These baked donuts are a mouth-watering way to incorporate some delightful blueberries into you’re breakfast or snack. Don’t worry~ if you don’t happen to have a cute donut baking pan, you can bake these up in a muffin tin or even a mini muffin tin might be fun!
- 1½ C + 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 C fat free vanilla greek yogurt
- 1 C sugar
- 2 large eggs, 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest (approx 1 lemons)
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1½ cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 C confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 2 to 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat donut pan or muffin tin well with cooking spray.
- Reapply cooking spray between each batch, if needed.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the yogurt, sugar, eggs, lemon zest, vanilla, and oil.
- Make a well in the center of dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients into the well.
for full recipes please see : cookingwithruthie.com