I am super excited for this weekend. I’m in my cousin’s wedding and I know it’s just going to be a blast! I’m so happy and excited for her because she is seriously such an amazing person who would literally give you the shirt off of her back. She deserves nothing but the best! Also, this is the first WHOLE weekend I’m going to be away from my son though, I’m not sure how I feel about that. I’m 99% positive I’m going to cry when I leave tomorrow.. But I know he’s going to be in great hands with my in-laws, they’re amazing. Anyways, before I go, I will leave you with this: Baked Apple Cider Donuts.
Even though it’s not Fall anymore, who says you can’t still enjoy apple cider?! This donut recipe is one of my absolute favorites and I’ve transformed it from regular cinnamon sugar to pumpkin. It’s always a winner every time! The donuts come out super moist, perfectly tender and have SO much spicy flavor with a little sweetness from the apple cider. They’re insanely delicious! And addicting. Don’t say I didn’t warn ya!
- 10 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups apple cider (reduced to 3/4 cup)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- pinch salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a donut pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Before you begin, you will need to reduce the apple cider. Pour apple cider in a small saucepan a simmer on low-medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until the cider reduces down to 3/4 cup. Once it is reduced, set it aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, pinch of salt, cinnamon and nutmeg and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix the melted butter and sugars together until smooth. Add in the eggs and vanilla and stir until completely combined. Pour in the buttermilk and apple cider and mix until smooth. Stir in the flour mixture and mix until just incorporated. Do not over mix or donuts will be tough.
for full recipes please see : www.sprinklesomesugar.com