lemon juice to the the pan and whisk to combine.
Asparagus & Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast
2 chicken breasts, butterfly cut
2 slices provolone cheese
6-8 asparagus spears, ends snapped off
1 t salt
½ t pepper
1 t garlic powder
1 t paprika
2-4 lemon juice
1 T olive oil
Preheat oven to 425)
1. Cut the chicken breasts in half lengthwise.
Open the breast and pound if necessary for an
2. Give the chicken a spritz of lemon juice then
season well with salt and pepper.
3. Lay the cheese and about 3-4 trimmed stalks of
asparagus in the center of each breast.
Fold over to enclose the filling.
4. Season the outside of the chicken well with
salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika.
Rub in the seasoning.
5. Heat a large cast iron skillet, or any oven-proof
skillet over medium-high. Add 1 T olive oil to the
pan and swirl around to coat the bottom.
6. Carefully add the chicken and cook 3-5 minutes
until golden brown on the bottom and the chicken
easily released from the pan. Carefully turn over
and brown the other side for 3-5 minutes.
7. Cover the pan with foil and put into a 425º oven
for 15 minutes to finish cooking.
8. Remove chicken from the skillet and let rest for
5 minutes. Add a spritz of lemon juice to the
pan juices and whisk to combine. Pour the juices
over the chicken. Serve on a bed of rice pilaf.
Links: Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook,
Between Naps On The Porch