- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- Cooking spray
- 6 cups baby kale
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and thinly sliced diagonally
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 apple, halved and cut into 1/4-in.-thick slices
Combine oil, rind, juice, thyme, mustard, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a bowl, stirring with a whisk. Place 2 tablespoons juice mixture in a large ziplock plastic bag; reserve remaining juice mixture. Add chicken to bag; seal bag. Let stand at room temperature 10 minutes, turning bag occasionally.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Pat chicken dry. Sprinkle chicken with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add chicken to pan; cook 5 minutes on each side or until done. Place chicken on a cutting board; let stand 5 minutes. Cut across the grain into thin slices.
Combine kale, carrots, celery, and apple in large bowl. Add remaining juice mixture; toss to coat. Divide kale mixture evenly among 4 plates; top evenly with chicken. Sprinkle with almonds and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper.